Of course I'm liberal, I believe in liberty.

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Store Wars

A friend of mine sent me this cute Star Wars spoof, Store Wars by the Organic Trade Association. I often buy organic food because I think it's healthier but I have no illusions about it, I know this is a luxury I'm lucky enough to afford. While there are legitimate problems with some corporate farms (you should read Al Franken's account of "shit geysers" on pig farms), this video doth protests too much. We have over six billion people on this planet and enough food for everyone. Yes, people still starve but for political and economic reasons, not technological or agricultural reason. I don't think we can feed six billion people organically.

And while you are at it, check out the trailers for Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, which actually puts "The Chronicles of Narnia" as the main title, leading me to believe they plan to make a movie from each book. Could this be like Lord of the Rings where we see a new movie each Christmas?