Of course I'm liberal, I believe in liberty.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Just for the Record

Just for the record I'd like to point out my preferred outcome of the whole Terri Schiavo case would be to hand Terri over to her parents. I don't believe there is anyone in that body but I certainly see no harm.

But that preference pales in comparison to my concern over Bush and congress (hypocritically) passing laws to circumvent the legal system. The Schiavo case is complex. We have a system for determining the solution to complex cases like this. The integrity of that system is far more important than any conclusion to this current pop-culture, made for TV tragedy.

I'm getting the impression that many conservatives have determined the legal system is more of a problem than a solution. I hope I'm wrong.