Of course I'm liberal, I believe in liberty.

Thursday, January 06, 2005

RNC Chairman Hates Christmas

Mr. Bill got it all wrong, it isn't the Liberal Elite that hate Christmas, it's the Conservative Elite. Or maybe they are all correct and it's actually elites of all stripes that hate Christmas! One of my favorite bloggers, Amy Sullivan1, apparently subjects herself to RNC memos. Look at what she received today:
"Dear Amy," it began, "I hope you and your family had happy holidays." Oh my gosh! There is is--that evil phrase, the mere utterance of which has the power to obliterate Christmas from all hearts and minds. Bill O'Reilly, Bill Donohue, and the other wingnuts have just been blaming the wrong people for the attack on Christmas. It's not the liberal elites. It's the conservative elites, the head of the Republican National Committee, no less. What does Ken Mehlman have against Christmas, anyway? (Okay, so he's Jewish, but still...) Next thing you know, I bet he'll want to ban religious music from national party conventions. He must be stopped.

Boy, oh boy, I can't wait to tune into the "O'Reilly Factor" tonight to hear Bill denounce Mehlman's support of the "anti-Christmas forces.
You know, I often say whenever someone shouts "hypocrisy!" nine times out of ten the shouter is a hypocrite of equal proportions, just 180º off. Not this time.


1I like her because she actually brings new ideas and arguments to the table as a true voice for the religious left. But she doesn't post often enough. Hey Amy! Once a day! That's all we ask, once a day.